Showing 21 - 40 of 90 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking North on F Street, before the S was installed on Tenderfoot Mountain. Alice Chinn Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 111 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4 in Salida, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 114 F Street, part of lots 24-26, block 5 in Salida, Colorado.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 109 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4 in Salida, Colorado. Although this building (109) and the one to the south (107) currently house one business, they were erected as separate buildings. This building was erected between 1888 and 1890. The building was indicated as a meat store with a separate kettle building at the rear in 1890. For many years, it also housed clothing and tailoring firms. 107 Lower...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 121 Lower F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4 in Salida, Colorado. This building was erected between 1888 and 1890. Through the years it housed J.J. Caulfield's Saloon, then another saloon, Mullin's Place. By 1914, a cobbler was conducting business here, then the Champion Shoe Shop. Later it became a tailoring and dry cleaning shop. History Colorado's Architectural Inventory Forms have more information and are available...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 122 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 24-26, block 5 in Salida, Colorado. This building is one of the oldest in the commercial district and was one of the first brick buildings in the district. Erected by Elias H. Webb and Edward W. Corbin, it housed the Webb & Corbin Grocery Store in 1883. The store had previously been housed in a frame building on the same site. Webb & Corbin was one of the original businesses...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 115 F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4 in Salida, Colorado. This building is associated with the commercial development of Salida in the 1890s and has housed a variety of businesses popular on North (Lower) F Street, including barbers, tailors, and tobacco shops. The 1903 city directory lists the John S. Scott barber shop and the John Lines tobacco shop here. Lines sold pipes, cigars, tobaccos, and smokers' articles....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 118 Lower F Street, part of lost 24-26, block 5 in Salida, Colorado. This building is significant as one of the two that survived the fire of March 1886 on this block. The building housed an early saloon, and a variety of other businesses, most notably, Sam Steinberg's Photo and Novelty Shop, the 'Biggest Little Store in Salida.' Steinberg had started his business in another location in 1922 but moved to large quarters...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 119 Lower F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4 in Salida, Colorado. This 1890 building is associated with the development of Salida's commercial district in the period before the 1893 Silver Panic, and its design reflects late Victorian commercial elements. Various businesses were housed here, including a furniture store, barber shop, and in 1927, the Ferraro Brothers opened their tailor shop here. History Colorado's...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 123 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 14-16, block 4, in Salida, Colorado. This building is associated with the commercial development of North F Street, having been erected about 1888-1890 as a saloon and later becoming a grocery. The 1888 Sanborn map shows a one-story frame saloon on this site. The 1890 Sanborn map shows the present buildings, which is also indicated as a saloon. The 1903 city directory indicates...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 204 Lower (or North) F Street, pt. SE 1/4, SE 1/4, Sec. 32 T 50N R 9E, in Salida, Colorado. The Palace Hotel was erected in 1906 by Ambrose Ramsey. The Salida Mail reported: 'Plans and specifications are now being drawn by Architect Anderson for a two-story brick block to be erected by Mr. A. Ramsey on lots owned by him on lower F Street adjoining the Windsor Cafe. The building will be 48 x 100, the first floor to contain...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 142 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 1-4, block 5, in Salida, Colorado. This is currently 140 Lower F Street. The building was erected between 1904 and 1909 and has always been a restaurant. It first housed the Rio Grande Cafe, then the Chili Parlor Restaurant, then the Star Cafe. Mae Prunty bought the place for $1 in 1943 and was subsequently contracted by the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad to serve food...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 135 Lower (or North) F Street, rear 10', lots A, B, & C, block 4, in Salida, Colorado. The Victoria Bar & Tavern is visible on the left. This building was erected between 1914 and 1929, based on Sanborn maps. The building was labeled 'store' on the 1929 map. In 1951, the Indian Grill Restaurant, operated by Earl Stevenson was located here. (M.W. Yale Custom Gunsmithing was located at 133 Lower F, a building which is...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 126 Lower (or North) F Street, part of lots 1-4, block 5, in Salida, Colorado. The current building represents only a small portion of the original building which was erected between 1890 and 1893. The 1890 Sanborn map shows a different, smaller, one-story saloon on this parcel. By 1893, the current building is shown, although it was originally much smaller a much-larger two-story building. The building is shown housing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 226 Lower (or North) F Street, part of SE 1/4. section 32 T, 50N R 9E. This building is currently 216 Lower F Street. The 1903 city directory lists the Donmyer & Haley Restaurant in this building, William J. Donmyer and Joseph L. and John E. Haley, proprietors. The 1909 Sanborn map indicates that the building still housed a restaurant but by 1929 it had become store space. It then reverted back to a restaurant by 1945. History...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 119 F Street, part of lots 10-13, block 22 in Salida, Colorado. Sanborn maps indicate that this building was erected between 1890 and 1893. The 1893 map shows that the building was divided into two storefronts: 119 held a jewelry store and 121 held a meat and grocery store. The 1903 city directory indicates that the building was known as the Whitehurst Block. Whitehurst & Abright was a grocery firm during the 1890s in...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 123 Lower F Street, part of lots 10-13, block 22 in Salida, Colorado. This card is labeled 121 F Street. Sanborn maps indicate that this building was erected between 1883 and 1886. Between 1886 and 1893, the building housed a dry goods business. There were two dry goods firms listed in the 1887 Colorado State Business Directory for Salida: Smith & Randol Bros., and Craig, Sandusky, & Co. Around 1897, a meat market was...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 127 F Street, part of lots 14-17, block 22, in Salida, Colorado. In 1888, this site was vacant. This building appears on the 1890 Sanborn map, divided into two businesses: a grocery (127) and a clothing and notions store (131). A cobbler shared part of the grocery store space. The same businesses, minus the cobbler, were shown on the Sanborn maps of 1893 and 1898. The 1903 city directory indicates that the grocery store...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 105 F Street, part of lots 11-13, block 22 in Salida, Colorado. Currently these buildings are 101 and 107 F Street.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Real estate appraisal card. 129 F Street, lot 19, block 31, in Salida, Colorado. Mislabeled as 129 F Street. Sanborn maps indicate that this buildng was erected about 1888, when the present building is shown and indicated as "not completed." The 1890 and 1893 Sanborn maps show a grocery on the first story and a photography studio on the second. In 1898, the Sanborn map Indicates that a printing shop was on the first story and a photo studio was...