Showing 1 - 7 of 7 , query time: 0.01s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Independent Order of Odd Fellows – during a statewide convention – parade up F Street October 15, 1894, preceded by dignitaries in carriages and followed by one of Salida’s marching bands. Six years after the disastrous 1888 fire, there appears to be construction work in the lot on the corner of Second and F Streets where the Knights of Pythias building stands today. Alger’s Drug Store is in the J. H. Collins building (with the large awning)...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Celebrating the 4th of July in Salida, Colorado at F and 3rd Streets. Image taken by John Kratky. Josephine Soukup Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Francis Haley King, on the left side of the buggy seat, and her unidentified companion, won second place in the children’s float contest for their entry in the July 4 parade. The decorations seem to have held together remarkably well considering the parade route ran 12 blocks up F Street, turned right on Twelfth before returning to First Street on G. It was touted then as the longest parade in Salida history. Haley-Bratton Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
In 1883, Salida (no longer South Arkansas) was growing in three directions from the river. The Craig Opera House is at the corner of Second and F Streets and the Presbyterian Church, the first designed for religious services, is a little white frame building at the corner of Third and F Streets. A few days after this photo was taken in mid-May, the F Street bridge was seriously damaged by normal spring runoff when two sections were ripped from the...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
4th of July celebration on F Street in Salida, Colorado. Josephine Soukup Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Celebrating the 4th of July in Salida, Colorado at F and 3rd Streets. Image taken by John Kratky. Josephine Soukup Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking North on F Street, before the S was installed on Tenderfoot Mountain. Alice Chinn Collection.