Showing 61 - 80 of 83 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Leonora 5 cent to $1 Store was active in the 1930s. It was located at 132 F Street. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photograph of an unknown group of men and one boy with their day's harvest of ducks. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Salida Granite Company was located at 350 W. 5th St. in Salida, Colorado. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Vaughn's was a wholesale dealer in farm implements, buggies and wagons, hardware, and feed at 126 G St.. When they moved into 136 G Street in 1922, they began selling groceries. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
An unknown saloon on 1st Street in Salida, Colorado. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The First National Bank was located on the corner of F and 2nd Streets in Salida, Colorado. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Salida Band marching on 1st Street between F and G Streets. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photograph of the Salida High School Band in the Salida High School Gymnasium in the mid 1930s. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Palace Hotel, a $20,000 three-story brick building designed by Charles J. Anderson and owned by Ambrose Ramsey, was built at 204 N. F Street during 1906-09. Distinctive features of the building’s façade were a heavily ornamented parapet with stone trim, corbelling, and half-round and rectangular inset panels with textured stucco, thick rock-faced stone lintel courses and narrow stone sill courses, paired...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Bert and Tom's Modern Cottages: Serving Station and Cottage Camp was located on the corner of Highway 291 and Highway 50 on the eastern edge of Salida. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Denver & Rio Grande Hospital opened in November 1885, described as “one of the finest buildings of similar size in the West and...the especial pride of the town.” Railroad workers throughout the line paid fifty cents each month to a fund to cover the operation of the hospital. The substantial two- and-a-half-story brick building resembled a fine residence and featured a wrap-around verandah surmounted by a balcony. ...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Dr. Frank N. Cochems established the Red Cross Hospital in the building at 123 G Street, which had been erected in the early 1890s and used as a brothel. Dr. Cochems reportedly founded the facility because “the people of Southern and Western Colorado and Northern New Mexico were sorely in need of a hospital in which the confidence of all would repose unreserved.” The institution was...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A photo of downtown Salida, taken approximately at F and 2nd Streets. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Salida Bottling Company, wholesale liquor dealer, was located at 309 W. 1st Street. W.S. Edwards was the proprietor. Note the Coors Beer Wagon in front. This lot is empty as of 2016. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Capitol Hotel in Buena Vista, Colorado. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This image (taken around 1910) of William and Mary Wickers, and their horse Buttons​​, shows his remodeled popcorn wagon that used to be Salida Fire Department’s Hook and Ladder Truck. Wickers used to farm in Chaffee County but later in life sold popcorn and ice cream on the corner of F and 1st from his food truck. They are pictured in front of 124 E with some fire department members. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
This image (taken around 1910) of William and Mary Wickers, and their horse Buttons​​, shows his remodeled popcorn wagon that used to be Salida Fire Department’s Hook and Ladder Truck. Wickers used to farm in Chaffee County but later in life sold popcorn and ice cream on the corner of F and 1st from his food truck. They are pictured in front of 124 E with some fire department members. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Red Cross Hospital was located on the northeast corner of G and 3rd Streets in Salida, Colorado, and was owned by Dr. Cochems. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
First National Bank on the southwest corner of 2nd and F Streets in Salida, Colorado. First National Bank was previously in the building directly across the street, on the southeast corner of 2nd and F Streets. Bob Rush Collection.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
A view of Salida, Colorado taken from the Arkansas Hills. Denver & Rio Grande Cattle Lots are visible, as is the Edison Electric Light Company smoke stacks. Bob Rush Collection.