Showing 1 - 20 of 36169 , query time: 0.04s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Printed August 1984
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"Top of the Piney Range, November 10, 1915." -- caption [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership of the structure in 1989. Members were remodeling the structure to convert it into a parish hall. "Last week's fire destoyed 88 years of history in downtown...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Violin class in Butte, Montana. Ferdinand Ambos is in the back row, 5th from the left. The Ambos family lived in Butte from 1897 to 1900. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, looking into the cellar of the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and Capitol Streets and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken August 2, 2011, patent mark on the back of the linoleum from the hotel. Deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw began in 2010. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing away in 2003. It stands at the corner of Hwy 24 and...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of Myra --, Harry Lewis, John "Jack" Lewis and Imogene Lewis at a front door, taken in 1914. Jack is riding a tricycle.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Cast and ECHS docents for the River View Cemetery Tour, a production of the Eagle County Historical Society and the 2014 fundraiser. Front row, L to R: Sarah Pounder (Violet Buffehr), Cooter Overcash (Hank Elliott), Cindy Jones (Augusta Nelson), Doug Lewer (Hugh Luby), Sandy VanCampen (docent), Janice Tonz (Sophie Knight) Back row, L to R: Kathy Heicher (docent), Donna Spinelli (Elvira Schlegel), Brian Hall (Billy Booco), Laura Thompson (docent),...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The left half of a panoramic view of Eagle (3 dates listed: 1908, 1920, 1930). Railroad bridge over the Eagle River at left midground; Eagle River in foreground. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
1920 McCoy baseball team, from left to right: Jack Booco, Gern Booco, Wymer Dixon, Ralph Kayser, Ted Harris, Bill Babcock, Early Brooks, Bill Babcock Jr., Carl Schrupp and Frank McCalister. "The first ball park was just north of the Salt Well where the sage brush had been grubbed out and the ground leveled. ... Later the ball park was moved to the extremem lower end of Conger Mesa on Louise Schrupp's acres and a short distance from the McCoy Depot."...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Taken April 7, 2011, showing Claude DeGraw removing the second story from the Nogal-Ping Hotel. Highway 6 is in the background. Beginning of the deconstruction of the Nogal-Ping hotel and cabins in Eagle by Claude DeGraw. Nogal's Hotel, built in 1892, was later purchased by the O. A. Ping family in 1923. It was occupied by siblings Leonard and Garnet Ping most recently. Leonard died in 1988 and Garnet moved to Gypsum in the late 1990s, passing...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Red cross volunteers Harriett Nelson, on left, and Vivian Harrison. They are posed in front of a World War I Red Cross War Fund poster.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Pastor Jim Berggren painting the cross on the steeple at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church, Gypsum. The painting was done on October 3, 1988, in anticipation of the centennial celebration of the Church on October 8, 1988.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Hobo Charlie sitting on the fence at the Kent station house, 1917.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Stevenson Ranch (formerly the homestead of Jack and Harry Johns) showing house, barn, corral, and outbuildings. Hay has been cut in the field at midground. The log structure at the lower left is the Cottonwood stage stop for Aspen freight stage line. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Returning to Gilman for a tour on July 26, 1997. The entrance to the Garnett family's basement,
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The congregation of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Gypsum in front of the church on October 8, 1988, the centennial celebration.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Long-time friends meeting at Buster and Angela Beck's place in Red Cliff, May 26, 2008. From left: Angela Beck, Alex Baldo, Buster Beck, Mary Baldo, and Quinn Beck.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Justin Winstead with his Grand Champion market sheep at the 1994 Junior Livestock sale, Eagle County Fair.